Re: Safe rm available?

"Kendall P. Bullen" <kpb@lists.tax.org> writes:

> This is a fallacy.  (Or maybe Unix geeks aren't as smart as DOS
> geeks?)  I set up something of my own and am no more nor less likely
> to delete the wrong file.  Despite DOS's undelete, Norton's unerase,
> Novell's salvage, and my own version under Linux -- I haven't shot
> myself in the foot in eons.  I haven't even had to go to my .trash
> directory in a long time.  I only go there occasionally to clean it
> out.

Some other people may shoot themselves in the foot if they don't learn
that rm is in most Unix/Linux systems a powerful and unforgiving beast that
does its work irreversibly. Thinking that rm is kinder and gentler than it
is may lead to carelessness in deleting files.

--
     /Tommi K/
The truth is out there: