install debian

Hi,
Did someone successfully install Debian on Dell's workstation? I get
trouble in doing that. I try to install from the hard disk. When I run
install, it give me the following information:

D:\>loadlin linux root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin
LOADLIN v1.6 (C) 1994..1996 Hans Lermen <lermen@elserv.ffm.fgan.de>

CPU is in V86-mode (may be WINDOWS, EMM386, QEMM, 386MAX, ...)
You need pure 386/486 real mode or a VCPI server to boot Linux
VCPI is supported by most EMS drivers (if EMS is enabled),
but never under WINDOWS-3.1 or WINDOWS'95.
(However, real DOS-Mode of WINDOWS'95 can have EMS driver with VCPI)
If loading via VCPI you also MUST have:
  1. An interceptable setup-code (see MANUAL.TXT)
  2. Identical Physical-to-Virtual mapping for the first 640 Kbytes

Your current DOS/CPU configuration is:
  load buffer size: 0x00000000     , setup buffer size:  0x3E00
  total memory:     0x00100000
  CPU is in V86 mode
  SetupIntercept: NO
  stat2: cpu_V86, but no VCPI available (check aborted)
  input params (size 0x0023):
    linux root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin
  LOADLIN started from DOS-prompt
WARNING: Not enough free memory (load buffer size)

On my machine, the D: driver has about 4GB. I will use it for linux.

Thanks.

Zheng Wang, Ph. D
Department of Statistics and Applied Probability
University of California, Santa Barbara
E-mail: zwang@pstat.ucsb.edu; http://www.pstat.ucsb.edu/~zwang