Re: install debian

On Tue, Sep 29, 1998 at 02:01:24PM -0700, Zheng Wang wrote:

> Did someone successfully install Debian on Dell's workstation? I get
> trouble in doing that. I try to install from the hard disk. When I run
> install, it give me the following information:
>
> D:\>loadlin linux root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin
> LOADLIN v1.6 (C) 1994..1996 Hans Lermen <lermen@elserv.ffm.fgan.de>
>
> CPU is in V86-mode (may be WINDOWS, EMM386, QEMM, 386MAX, ...)

The best (IMHO) way around this is to create the rescue floppy (using
the instuctions in install.html) and boot from that and point to your
fat partition for the rest of the installation.

The reason I say "best" is that you _really_do_need_ to have a rescue
floppy around, and what better time to make it than before you need it?

Luck,
Pann
--
                     What's All the Buzz About Linux?