Re: Routing

I think this would be easier if you have the Debian machine connect to
the internet.  Right now if the 98 machine receives a request for
services (telnet) it will think the client what to speak to itself and
deny the request, which is the correct behavior.  Since the internal
network numbers you are using are non-routable (192.168.x.x) no other
machines on the internet know how find your host.

Your best solution is to hook the debian machine to internet and use
IP masquerade on Linux to route the two windows machines to the
internet.  Take note that external hosts still cannot initiate a
connect with the internal machines unless you get an internal network
with real routable addresses.  With IP masquerade your Windoze
machines will be able to use the Linux machine as a router and
initiate connections on the internet.  To all hosts on the internet
the connection will appear to come from the linux machine for all of
your hosts.  This is very similar to a proxy setup.