Re: Moniter screen is wavy.

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Mrpeabody wrote:

> My moniter screen has become wavy.  When you look at it it seems to
> move.  I have a 21 inch dell moniter and a stb nvidia video card.  My
> moniter used to be fine but I recently moved it and now it is wavy like
> a day after I moved it.  Has perment damage been done?
>     -jeff

 First thing to check is interference. If you have changed any cards,
did you put in all the metal covers for the slots on the back of the
computer? Is the case sealed? Check the cable to the monitor, move it away
from other cables and see if the screen improves. Move the monitor around
a bit, see if the picture gets worse or better in different places.

 If none of that works, start looking at actual hardware problems.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles       (248) 377-7735      ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 If all the muscles in your body pulled in the same direction, you
 could lift over twenty tons. But you'd walk funny. - L. M. Boyd