Re: Moniter screen is wavy.

This can be an impending failure of a power supply or it could be another
magnetic field nearby such as a fan motor, refrigerator, etc.  Is there an
electric motor near the monitor (maybe directly on the other side of the
wall?) also keep the power cord AWAY from the monitor video cord. If you
have then tied neatly together, the power cord can induce power noise into
the video signal.