Re: Quick Question

On Fri, Sep 25, 1998 at 09:34:31AM -0400,  Raymond A. Ingles wrote:

>  you just described "xringd". :-> I've heard of it but haven't installed
> it, so I'm not sure if there's a .deb file for it. Even if you have to go
> find it, it's exactly what you need.
>
>  Sincerely,
>
>  Ray Ingles       (248) 377-7735       ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com
>
>                  Two rules for success in life:
>            1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Ray,

	Thanks for the reply and yes there is a deb file for xringd. The
latest version is in Hamm and slink. And I am in the process of installing
it. Also your suggestion about adding it to the ip-up/ip-down is excellent.

	Xringd via dselect is installed and a start file is created in the
init.d directory. So just adding the command "/etc/init.d/xringd stop" might
be the exact thing it needs to get it to work right. I will have to
experiment a little to find out if this works. But right now, I am in the
process of getting it to work just on the rings.

	Again thanks for your reply...

Mike Acklin