Re: Win98 <=> Linux via E-net

>Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:48:33 -0400
>From: "Jeff Miller" <jmiller@gfs.com>
>To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>Subject: Win98 <=> Linux via E-net
JAA05700

>I am trying to setup my home LAN with a Win98 machine and a Linux machine
with ethernet.  I have successfully setup the ethernet NIC but I am not
sure what to do next.  I want to be able to copy files from the Win98
machine to the Linux hard drive using explorer.  I also want to be able to
connect to the internet with the Win98 box's modem, but access the internet
with the Linux machine.  Anybody out there done this already?  I appreciate
any tips or suggestions.

Samba will allow you to share files with the Win98 machine using Windows
Explorer.  Samba resides
on the Linux system and allows it to participate in windows networking.  I
don't know
how to do the second task.