simple password

Hello,

This maybe a stupid question, but i want to change my password. When
putting `passwd' linux askme for the new password. I put it in, and
linux said it is too simple.... what can i do for linux dont say me
that? Currently i have NO password, so i dont understand why linux say
the new i write is `simple'. Maybe linux isnot conciently know about my
current one...

thanks,
                       /      Phillip  Neumann       /
                      /     filsin@bigfoot.com      /