Re: Samba

Hello,

Thanks to Nagler and others who replied:

> >I'm running bo, and I've installed samba. When, from the command line
> >I type
> >
> >    smbd -D
> >
> >and then
> >    ps -aux | grep smbd
> >
> >I do not see the smbd running.  When I  look in /var/log I get
> >
> >   Added interface ip=127.0.0.1 bcast=127.255.255.255 nmask=255.0.0.0
> >   bind failed on port 139 socket_addr=0 (Address already in use)
<snip>

I fiddled around with the network  and the message
about failing to bind went away.
Samba seems to work - I can use it as a print server. However, I
am puzzled about why  don't see a smbd process running when
enter
     ps -aux | grep smbd

If smbd is called by nmbd, then do I have to run it in the rc.d
scripts as suggensted in documentation.

King Lee
king@ultrix6.cs.csubak.edu