Re: backup using hard disk - any ideas

Hello,

I use two IDE drives, and nightly (with cron) copy selected files from
the drive that contains my data two the other. I have a script that
that uses find and cpio. The important line is something like

    cd $dir; find .  ! -name "*.o" ! -name "*.exe" ... | cpio -pdv $backup

I wont know how good it is until one of disks dies, but I think it
should work.

King Lee
king@ultrix6.cs.csubak.edu