Re: Samba

<snip>
> I fiddled around with the network  and the message
> about failing to bind went away.
> Samba seems to work - I can use it as a print server. However, I
> am puzzled about why  don't see a smbd process running when
> enter
>      ps -aux | grep smbd
>
> If smbd is called by nmbd, then do I have to run it in the rc.d
> scripts as suggensted in documentation.

Is is running from inetd.conf? If so, then it will not show unless someone
is browsing your box on the network. Otherwise... Pass.

I do not see it either.. at startup:

Warning: Samba is not running as daemons. Daemons not restarted/stopped.
Daemons will start automatically by inetd. Use 'killall nmbd' and
'killall smbd' to stop the Samba daemons (they'll start again).

Do you get this?

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

    Jump through hoops? I don't think so. Crawl through Windows? *HELL NO*!!