Microsoft = Trustworthy? What was I thinking???

I installed Debian Linux (and am very happy with it), and was working on
getting Lilo to give me dual-boot options between it and my current
WindowsNT O/S.

I set up lilo so that my linux partition was bootable, and then, of course,
had to make it active.  I figured, "Well, I'm more familiar with fdisk than
Linux's equivalent (I don't even know what the name of it is), so I'll just
go into Windows to do the setting-of-bootableness".

HA!

First off, I'm more used to Win95 than WinNT, so it was a dissappointment
as I realized that NT doesn't give you the command-line FDISK, but a
"lovely" GUI tool: Disk Administrator.

I figured, "No sweat, I'll just use Disk Admin. and get this over with."

Double HA!

I open up the program and it gives me an alert, saying that it cannot view
all of my disk becuase some of it is formatted incorrectly, but, being the
loving program that it is, it can add the necessary info to the partition
to make it viewable in Windows.  I was a bit wary, but as I read on it said
"This is a safe procedure, and the partitions will still be viewable in
other operating systems."

And here I made my fatal mistake.

I clicked the "Ok" button... did what I needed to do...  Rebooted.

And in spite of my crossed fingers and prayers to God,

Linux loaded fine... until it tried to mount the disk:

Kernel Panic:  Unable to mount /dev/hda3

Now what do you guys say I try?