Re: New install problems

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, EGRET Lures wrote:

>Just got the Debian CD's this week and installed a new drive (D) for the
>Linux installation. (Homebulit K-6 233 w\64mb)
>
>With the bios set to boot from D  all that appears is "LI" and the
>systems hangs.

from the lilo documentation (actually taken from v0.20)

   LI   The first stage boot loader was able to load the second stage boot
    loader, but has failed to execute it. This can either be caused by a
    geometry mismatch or by moving /boot/boot.b without running the map
    installer.

since you're using big disks I would suspect your lilo.conf is out of
whack.  I believe I fixed this when I first went to big disks by using the
linear flag.

Use the root/rescue floppy you created (you did create one?) and boot your
system.  then check the manual pages for 'lilo' and 'lilo.conf'.

- dave

--

   |     oOOooO           /  dsb3@earthlink.net
 --|    oOobodoO        /   We're just two lost souls, swimming in a
 --|     ooOoOo       /    fish bowl, year after year.  Running over