installation: hard disk partion segmentation fault
- To: "Debian User List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: installation: hard disk partion segmentation fault
- From: "Chris Stalker-Herron" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 23:39:49 -0500
- Message-id: <000401bde2be$5e538f40$01ffa8c0@christopher>
I'm trying to install for the first time on a 486DX33, AMIBIOS 2.3, 8M RAM,
170M HD. As I step through setup, I get to the 'Partition a Hard Disk'
step. I select next and am offered the single choice of /dev/hda. I select
it, the screen quickly shows a segmentation fault, says its determining the
current state and comes back to the main menu at the same step.
I tried this first from a directory w/in a WIN95 setup at a DOS-Mode prompt,
then booting from the rescue floppy, then booting from the rescue floppy
after deleting the WIN95 partition. Always the same result.
I downloaded all these files from
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.