Re: Debian DSELECT

I understand the frustration.  I am there, also.  But don't give up, it
will pay off.  I have learned more about Linux and the software for it
in the past year than I have about NT and it's software in the past 4
years (as far as what makes it tick).

Start at the PostgreSQL home (http://www.postgresql.org/index.html).
>From the 'info central' page there is a link to a very good HOWTO
(http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/PostgreSQL-HOWTO.html).
There is a 32 bit Postgres ODBC driver for Windows (I have been able to
connect to a PostgreSQL database from MS Access97).
There is a FreeODBC home with information on ODBC drivers for Linux
(etc.) to PostgreSQL and other databases (I have tried any of this).

I have PostgreSQL running on a Redhat 5.1 machine (I couldn't get the
.deb to install on my Debian 1.3).

I have 4 NT Servers running MS SQL Server 6.5 and though there is a lot
of documentation, it isn't always that easy to follow or necessarily
accurate.  I have found Linux support through this mailing list and
other newsgroups to be FAR superior to paid MS tech support (and
faster).