Re: is this possible with emacs?

> I would like to know if there is some kind of "source navigator" mode to
> browse C/C++ under emacs.
>
> I'm Looking something like Microsoft VC++ browsing or Linux Source Code
> Navigator (Linux's kernel source with full hyperlink references to be used
> with a WWW browser)

A pretty simple (non-graphical) tool is tags, or etags in this
particular case.  In your source directory, try "etags *.[ch]".  If
you have multiple directories: "find . -name '*.[ch]' | xargs etags"
(note here if you use find's "-exec" option instead of piping the
output to xargs you'll need the "--append" option to etags).

This will create a file called TAGS which contains lots of
information about your code.  In emacs, you can use M-x, and look for
all commands starting with "tags-".  There are also a few keymappings
to the tag functions: play with "M-." and "M-,".

This should allow you to go to the definitions of typedefs, enums,
structs, functions, etc, as well as search all of the source files for
a particular regular expression.

John