HELP!! keep me Debian.......

Hi all,

I'm haveing major problems. After I decided to switch to KDE, I've had
nothing but problems. For one binutils 2.9 will not install now matter
what I do and it would uninstall either. When I try I get the error.
	write error locking to directory!! directory or file does not
exist.

If I try to remove it, it tells me it too broken to remove re-install!!!

Problem #2....when I run dselect it's trying to upgrade dpkg-perl. I
downloaded every dpkg package I found an none where dpkg-perl so now I
can't use dselect!! What the deal.

And I don't know if this is a problem or not, but when I boot up I
notice the following little message.....

mounting file system.....
not mounting anything.

is this normal or as I suspect it to be, a reason for all my
problems....

PLEASE HELP! If I can't figure it out today I'm switching to SUSE or
something. I've been trying to fix this problem for a week!!!!!!
Rod

"Your problem is you try to figure out everything, and I can't figure
nothing out!"
-my wife.