Re: SAMBA: multiple connections, same login

bmorgan writes:
> I'm having trouble connecting to my debian machine from my windows
> machine using samba.  I've successfully done this before, but now I've
> got several users connecting to the samba server for IP printing to
> jet-direct boxes.  Right now, I've got my SMB.CONF file set so that it
> uses the workgroup "linux" and "security = user."  All my users should
> be able to connect with the same login name (student), and no password.
>
> Is it possible for multiple users to connect to the samba server all
> using the same login name?  Or do I need to have a separate account for
> everyone who connects (the latter would NOT be a good scenario, if I can
> avoid it).  Is there something else I need to set in the smb.conf file
> to allow multiple users with the same login name?  Perhaps the "security
> =" parameter?
>
> Believe me, I've got everything else setup correctly.  Null passwords,
> smbpassword file is set for no passwords as well.

As pointed out by another member of this list, you need to insure that the
win95 users are logging in as the official user of the machine. If they take
the easy way out and "escape" the login window, win95 will block access to
_any_ available shared resources.

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.3 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK