Re: sendmail rejecting bad domains

    Rick> The sender will need to setup sendmail to masquerade as his
    Rick> firewall.

In my case, telling my customer to change his configuration is not and
acceptable option.  I need my sendmail to be more forgiving.

    Peter> I had the same problem. If you are using smail, in the
    Peter> /etc/smail/config you can adjust the authentication for a
    Peter> specific IP addresses or subnets. Thus your server receive
    Peter> e-mail from the location in question.

    Peter> The line in question is smtp_hello_broken_allow

Hmmm.  I guess I need to convert from sendmail to smail as I can't
find anything in the sendmail documentation on this.  Is there any
other option?  I think I tried smail first on my mail server machine,
but I thought I had problems getting it to act as a relay for other
nodes on my network, which are running sendmail.  Yuck.

Thanks for the suggestions.

--
|     Gene McCulley     |      mcculley@cuspy.com     | Voice: (407) 265-0772 |
| Cuspy Solutions, Inc. | http://cuspy.com/~mcculley/ |  Fax: (407) 265-0773  |