Re: Using Win NT fonts in LINUX......

*- Person, Rod wrote about "Using Win NT fonts in LINUX......"
| Can any tell me how to use NT fonts in Linux. I have a disk of fonts I
| like that were free fonts for NT or 95, and being about the only thing
| that I liked in NT or 95 I want to use them. If not is there so quick
| tutorial  on porting fonts.....

I assume the fonts are True Type fonts.  Install the xfstt true type
X font font server from the unstable(slink) tree of debian.  It is much
improved over the hamm version(which is broken).  This is a much easier
approach then updating all the X packages, not that there is anything
wrong with that.  After installing it make sure and read the man page
and files in /usr/doc/xfstt to learn how to set it up to use your fonts.

--
Brian
							   - unknown