[Frankay666@aol.com: Debian with Future Domain IDE-16032 2 channel IDE controller ????]

----- Forwarded message from Frankay666@aol.com -----

MBOX-Line: From Frankay666@aol.com  Tue Sep  8 04:54:44 1998
From: Frankay666@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 05:53:51 EDT
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Debian with Future Domain IDE-16032 2 channel IDE controller ????

I have a Future Domain IDE-16032 2 channel IDE controller. Normally I have one
hdd on the motherboard controller, and one on the secondary channel of the FD
controller. The FD controller is faster than the motherboard controller, but I
do not know how to disable the motherboard controller, so that is why I do it
like that.

If I try and boot linux off the hard disk using the loadlin stuff, it stops
just after it has decided it can't initialise a SCSI card and gives a repeated
error, with ever increasing <sector number> :

end_request: i/o error, dev 01:00, sector <sector number>

it doesn't seem to stop, not even after a long time.

I am fairly sure that it is related to this card, because when I connected my
second HDd as slave on my motherboard controller it was absolutely fine.

Why is this, and can I do anything about it?

Thanks,
Frankie

----- End forwarded message -----

--
The only stupid question is the unasked one.