Frustrated

All,

 I have been trying for over a month to install Debian 2.0 on my 386 with
4MB of RAM.  When I boot the machine it comes up with "can't allocate
memory" errors.  I've followed the installation procedures as precisely
as I can.  There are only two things I can think of: either a problem
with the swap partition or a problem with my driver configuration.  I say
a problem with my driver configuration because I really have no idea what
I'm doing during that section of the installation.  I don't know where to
go from here.  Is there anyone out there who can help me out? I'm at the
end of my rope.

Kevin