Re: Netscape 4.06 Messenger

David Warnock wrote:
> I have installed netscape 4.06 communicator but I am concerned that the
> message filter is not working correctly. Basicly I want to move all the
> messages from various lists into folders. When I define multiple rules
> (which are after all very simple) it appears that messages go missing ie
> I see it collect 7 messages but only 4 show up as new mail.
David,

Are you using POP3 or IMAP?

Personally, I'm using IMAP so that I can always telnet in to read my
mail (using PINE) if I'm not at my workstation.

As I'm using IMAP, I can use procmail to pre-filter my mail ;-)

If you're using POP3, you'll have to get messanger to do the filtering.
This will be done each time mail is downloaded,  however you may need to
do a refresh on the open mailbox to show any new entries.

--
Ian Stuart
Computing Services