Re: GPL'd/free driver for Ensoniq AudioPCI sound card

On Tue, Sep 08, 1998 at 09:53:30AM +0800, LUK ShunTim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know where can I get a GPL'd or free driver for the
> Ensoniq AudioPCI sound card for x86 architecture. I've checked out the
> OSS/Free
> page and it seems that their free version does not support this (and
> other PCI) card.

Check the 2.1.x kernels.

The recent ones DO have that driver. In fact I use it on my system.
It is not quite as good as the OSS/Linux driver I use under my 2.0.35 kernel
but...it works fine.

I personally have used 2.1.119 with few problems (I did have a COMPLETE system
lockup while in X earlier tonight...even alt-sysreq (a feature in 2.1.x
kernels) couldn't help AND I couldn't telnet in

Other than that...been runnin fine for a while :)

-STeve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"