Re: Your friends...... whatever.

Some time around  Mon, 07 Sep 1998 18:44:35 +1200,
         Michael Beattie wrote:
 > On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Igor Grobman wrote:
 >
 > > Having said that there is one exception to this rule ;-) and that is aol.c
 > om .
 > > It has been established that 99.9% of the mail with @aol.com from field ha
 > > nothing to do with any topics relevant to debian lists.  Right now, all
 > > aol.com posts come to me, and I forward them to the list if necessary (I
 > > haven't had to do any of that lately).
 >
 > Heh... its funny really.. AOL has quite strict rules does it not? Correct
 > me if I am wrong.

Yes they do, but they do have a huge customer base and it's very easy to sign
on even for a newbie, plus their clueful/clueless ratio is probably the lowest
in the industry ;-).  That means that the spammers have no problem signing on
with a new account as soon as they are kicked off, and that the chances of a
relevant post to debian lists are very low.  I haven't seen one in about 2
months.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@igoria.net