You can try VM. Re: Gnus for mail: How do I setup my system.

Hi,

You can grab VM from http://www.wonderworks.com if you want an easy to
use mail reader for emacs. If any other emacs users are reading this you
should also check out the above mentioned site as they have some nifty
packages for emacs.

Chris