Re: You can try VM. Re: Gnus for mail: How do I setup my system.

Hi,

	So what is wrong with Debian's packaged VM? VM has been in
 Debian since July 1995 at leaset (in 5.92beta, I think).

	If there is something wrong with the prepackages VM, I would
 appreciate a bug report.

	manoj
baffled
--> dpkg -s vm
Package: vm
Section: mail
Installed-Size: 1558
Maintainer: Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>
Version: 6.61-1
Replaces: vm-el
Provides: mail-reader
Depends: smail | sendmail | mail-transport-agent, emacs19
Recommends: make
Conflicts: vm-el
 VM (View Mail) is an Emacs subsystem that allows UNIX mail to be read
 and disposed of within Emacs.  Commands exist to do the normal things
 expected of a mail user agent, such as generating replies, saving
 messages to folders, deleting messages and so on.  There are other
 more advanced commands that do tasks like bursting and creating
 digests, message forwarding, and organizing message presentation
 according to various criteria.
 .
 It should also be mentioned here that the documentation for vm is woefully
 behind the times; there fore we include /usr/doc/vm/vm-vars.el.gz, which
 has information about all customizable variables in vm. Also, VM 6.x
 versions have problems with the library tm-vm from the Tiny Mime (TM)
 package, since that version was written for VM 5.X.
 .
 This package comes (by default) bundled in with with XEmacs, and is
 not yet supported on emacs20.

>>"Christopher" == Christopher Barry <cbarry@2xtreme.net> writes:

 Christopher> Hi, You can grab VM from http://www.wonderworks.com if
 Christopher> you want an easy to use mail reader for emacs. If any
 Christopher> other emacs users are reading this you should also check
 Christopher> out the above mentioned site as they have some nifty
 Christopher> packages for emacs.

--
 It seems a little silly now, but this country was founded as a
 protest against taxation.