Re: Gnus for mail: How do I setup my system.

*-Johann Spies <jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za>

| I have heard that I can use gnus for handling my mail.  I have looked at
| the huge amount of documentation on gnus mainly dealing with the reading
| of news.  I do not want to use gnus for that as I am reading my news
| offline using slrn.

To gnus mail is almost the same as news. You can put your mail
in several different mail groups, catchup mail groups,
expire mail groups and handle them just as you would news groups.

| The message-mode seems to have very few mail handling facilities.
|
| Can somebody direct me on how te setup gnus for email?

Here is part of my .gnus file:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnfolder ""))
(setq nnmail-spool-file "/var/spool/mail/olet")

I believe (hope :-) that should get you started. (With a different
spool file, of course)

With gnus you can do just about anything...

| Can gnus handle aliases of a group of people?

Sure.

--
.elOle.