Re: Compose-key and X11-geometry issues.

On Sat, Aug 29, 1998 at 09:15:35PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> 1. Since upgrading to Debian 2.0 my compose key (Control-. on a normal
> screen and Control-Scroll-lock in X11) does not work anymore. In X11 I had
> to run xkeycaps to restore it, but I do not know how to restore it in for
> normal use.  My .inputrc looks like this:

Is ctrl-period defined as the compose key (see "dumpkeys")?

> 2. It took me a long time to customize settings for xterm, pine and emacs
> for X11 using Debian 1.3.1.  Now those settings have no effect under
> Debian 2.0.  I do not know how to get that right again.  I hope that using
> Linux does not mean that I have to all the configuration over again every
> time I do an upgrade.  My .xsession and .Xdefaults - files are apparently
> ignored by X.

"mv .Xdefaults .Xresources" and make sure you have "allow-user-resources"
and "allow-user-xsession" in /etc/X11/config .

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would