Compose-key and X11-geometry issues.

I am sorry if this appears in the list for the second time.  I had some
email problems and probably lost some messages.  I did try to check the
August-archive but could not find my previous enquiry there.

1. Since upgrading to Debian 2.0 my compose key (Control-. on a normal
screen and Control-Scroll-lock in X11) does not work anymore. In X11 I had
to run xkeycaps to restore it, but I do not know how to restore it in for
normal use.  My .inputrc looks like this:

set meta-flag on
set convert-meta off
set output-meta on
set scroll_lock off

What can I do to restore the use of the compose key and not having to run
xkeycaps everytime I start X11?

2. It took me a long time to customize settings for xterm, pine and emacs
for X11 using Debian 1.3.1.  Now those settings have no effect under
Debian 2.0.  I do not know how to get that right again.  I hope that using
Linux does not mean that I have to all the configuration over again every
time I do an upgrade.  My .xsession and .Xdefaults - files are apparently
ignored by X.

Can somebody please help met on these two issues.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Use hospitality one to another without grudging."
                                   I Peter 4:9