Re: APT

On Sat, Aug 29, 1998 at 07:32:42AM +0000, Phillip Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im with hamm, and want some packages from slink like gnome. What is the
> recomended way to obtain this packages? If i select the unstable dir of
> a debian ftp in the apt configuration, apt said it will dowload the
> selected packages (gnome) plus upgrade the `old' packages of hamm to the
> unstable of slink. I dont want to do that becose of the unstability of
> slink. What sould i do to make apt get only the new packages and NOT to
> upgrade the installed ones?
 Put all the others package on hold (using '=') Thats probably the only way.
Alternatively You can download all needed packages by hand and install them
manually (tedious job as there are lots of gnome packages and even more
additional packages You need)

--
 Robert Ramiega   | robert@pdi.net    IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 IT Manager @ PDi | http://plukwa.pdi.net/        | the power of Source