Re: ZIP Disk mounting: still no answer...so reposting

> I have an IOMEGA SCSI zip drive, with an IOMEGA zoom SCSI card (non-boota=
> ble) on my 486.
>
> I haven't seen anything in the setup that tells me that the drive is moun=
> table.

I don't see what you mean; all drives are mountable.

>In addition, in the
> Debian documentation, (Chapter 4), the info on mounting a zip drive is =
> missing.

there is no info about zip drives, as they're the same as any other
scsi device. Nothing special at all about them once connected (save that
they're fragile,and the embarassing lack of support & integrity from
iomega, but that's a side issue.  They're not the first to make a drive
good for less than 100 hours :)

> Can anyone tell me more about how to mount it?  Also, are there specific =
> drivers that I should
> install, or should have intalled when I initialized my debian Linux

you should have the kernel modules for your controller installed.
If nothing specific shows for iomega, I believe that some of
their cards are adaptec 1510's, but this is soley based on prior
discussions here.

rick