Re: ZIP Disk mounting: still no answer...so reposting

On Wed, Aug 26, 1998 at 07:58:17PM -0700, Michael Rudmin wrote:

> I have an IOMEGA SCSI zip drive, with an IOMEGA zoom SCSI card
> (non-bootable) on my 486.
>
> I haven't seen anything in the setup that tells me that the drive is
> mountable. In addition, in the Debian documentation, (Chapter 4), the
> info on mounting a zip drive is missing.
>
> Can anyone tell me more about how to mount it? Also, are there
> specific drivers that I should install, or should have intalled when I
> initialized my debian Linux

Is the SCSI card detected at bootup? How about the drive? I have no idea
if the default debian kernel supports your SCSI card (it supports many),
but if it does you should see your ZIP drive detected, probably as
/dev/sda.

To mount it, as root, put in a disk and try

mount -t msdos /dev/sda4 /mnt

Yes, that's `sda4'. For some reason DOS ZIP disks are generally created
with a single primary partition, 4.

Luck,
Pann
--