Re: Apt how, why, where

>  E> kernel-image package offer the option of copying the kernel to the
>  E> place loadlin expects it in your setup?  I would figure that

> 	There is no real standard place where loadlin users keep the
>  images; and any hardwired solution is unlikely to satisfy more than a

> 	Comments?
>
> 	manoj

Isn't there a config file in /etc?  I accept the defaults when
installing my custom-made kernel packages, but even there it would be
easier if I could specify it once in the conf file.  This should make
the loadlin people happy, and the ask-questions-all-at-once install
folks too.

Just a thought.  Bloat good.

--
Pete Harlan
harlan@pointofchoice.com

PS: Anyone know why Meta-backspace doesn't work in an xterm in hamm/slink?
It works on the console, or when emacs has its own X window, but not
on the xterm[-debian] command-line or emacs when it's in an xterm.