Re: Apt how, why, where

Hi,
>>"Pete" == Pete Harlan <harlan@pointofchoice.com> writes:

 Pete> Isn't there a config file in /etc?  I accept the defaults when
 Pete> installing my custom-made kernel packages, but even there it would be
 Pete> easier if I could specify it once in the conf file.  This should make
 Pete> the loadlin people happy, and the ask-questions-all-at-once install
 Pete> folks too.

	I see. Yes, I guess the post-inst file maybe modified on the
 fly by make-kpkg to have the location of the desired destination; and
 then the postinst may mv /boot/* to the final location.

	Hmm. I shall have to see if this can indeed be inserted into
 the postinst (which already does a number of things, and has,
 unfortunately, evolved to the current complexity)

	I'll see what I can do.

 Pete> Just a thought.  Bloat good.

	;-)

	manoj
--
 Ten years of experience should add up to more than one year's
 experience multiplied by ten.