Designing a Linux lab.

Hi.

We have some Linux servers, and we want to build a new computer lab. We
basically have two choices:

1. Install NT on all of them, and work with Xceed.
2. Install a dual boot Linux/NT on them.

I'd like it to be the dual boot (If it was up to me, we wouldn't put the
NTs at all...)

I have one question, though, NT has an option to be installed and
configured from the network (I don't mean installing via NFS, but
actually get all the installation profile form the network, including the
installed programs and conf. files (Of course the administrator has to
give the ip and host name)).

Is there such an option for Linux? If there is it will be much easier to
convince my boss to make the systems dual boots.

I can put a main /usr partition on our RAID, and just copy the /etc
directory. But even in this way I'll have to change the ip and hostname
manually for every computer.

I want the students to be able to work locally on the Linux machines, and
might add a third boot option to run XDM, connect to our chooser and work
from the servers.

TIA,
Liran.
---