new Official 2.0 CD's?

Hi,

I have an image of the debian 2.0 cd's called `binary-i386.raw', with
md5sum 726e6e06379b4bb33a1726c00f2828d6.  This matches the md5sum that
was in the MD5SUMS file that I got from the same source.  Now I find
that the md5sum listed for binary-i386.raw on several mirror sites has
the md5sum e25491474227b42f61e4185201f4120b listed.  Is this a newer
version?  Wouldn't it be nice to inform people about the creation date
of the image?

I came across two problems using the first image in a fresh install:

- I could not get the installation to write the configured kernel to a
floppy (I don't use LILO).  After formatting the floppy, the program
announced that the floppy was bad.  I got around this, using the rescue
disk kernel and later compiling my own, and later the very same floppy
proved perfectly ok for holding the kernel.  Any comments?

- The installation of xserver-something_...deb packages screwed up, due
to an error in the preinst script.  I downloaded a newer version
(xserver-mach64_3.3.2.2-4.deb), and this installed ok, but I ended up
with the XF86-VGA16 server installed.  I think this happened at least to
one other person on the list, who reported (s)he could not get a depth
greater than 4.  I edited the /etc/X11/Xserver file to point to the
mach64 server, and now X11 works as expected.  I also deleted some files
called `newxserver....' in /etc/X11.  Does anyone know whether this
could hurt?

Question: has the new image the fixed xserver packages on it?

Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032