Re: Burning Debian CDs with Windows/NT software

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Arifi Koseoglu wrote:

 : Hello again,
 :
 : This is the second time I am posting this message, since I find it
 : really hard to believe that no one in this list was able to suggest a
 : solution. I will be really thankful if someone can help me with this
 : question:
 :
 : I downloaded the Debian CD images, and unsuccessfully tried to write
 : them to CDs using the following applications:
 :
 :         HP SureStore cd writer software
 :         Adaptec EZ CD-Writer
 :
 : Although I changed the .raw extensions to .iso, the software listed
 : above did not recognize them as ISO9660 CD images and attempted to
 : just copy the file to the CD, which is of course useless.
 :
 : The MD5 checksums of the files are correct.

Your CD software doesn't understand what to do with an .iso file.  Get
some software that can (RTFM the CD-writing HOWTO perhaps?)

I believe that with the Adaptec version, for example, you need the
CD-writer "Pro" software (or whatever it's called).

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD