Re: clock skew ???

On Tue, Jan 13, 1998 at 01:10:47PM +0100, Jens Ch. Lisner wrote:
> I've got a strange warning after "make menuconfig" with
> kernel-source-2.0.34. It says "clock skew detected". I don't know what it
> means. Can you help?

Is your kernel source located on an NFS mount? If the NFS server's clock
is ahead of the local machine, files created due to make will have timestamps
in the future, which confuses make. Hence, it reports clock skew.

NFS is the most obvious reason for this to occur; there could be others
but I can't think of any, unless you changed the clock (either by hand
or xntp/netdate etc) while running make menuconfig.

Hamish