Re: Burning Debian CDs with Windows/NT software

From:           	Arifi Koseoglu <arifi@turk.net>

> Hello again,
>
> This is the second time I am posting this message, since I > find it really hard to believe that no one in this list was able > to suggest a solution. I will be really thankful if someone can > help me with this question:
>
> I downloaded the Debian CD images, and unsuccessfully
> tried to write them to CDs using the following applications:
>
>         HP SureStore cd writer software
>         Adaptec EZ CD-Writer
>
> Although I changed the .raw extensions to .iso, the software
> listed above did not recognize them as ISO9660 CD images
> and attempted to just copy the file to the CD, which is of
> course useless.
>
> The MD5 checksums of the files are correct.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Arifi Koseoglu
> arifi@turk.net

Ok, I think you _may_ be making a mistake with _how_ you
are writing the iso to CD (Ok, I am assuming things here so
don't get mad at me if you already tried this...)

To get the ISO's onto CD you have to tell the software to
"create CD from ISO image." If you just tell it to make the cd
and point to the data file, it will just write it as a data file on a
(windoze system) Joliet format disk... (which is what I think
happend to you...)

I Personally Use Adaptec EZ CD Creator but I have used EZ
CD Pro

In Creator you have to either Double click on the ISO image
file (assuming it shows up with the Creator icon in Windoze)
and  it will start you right into pressing it _OR_ you have to go:
FILE - CREATE CD FROM ISO IMAGE it then puts you at the
dialog for starting the burn....

Just look for that type of "option" in your authoring software
and it _should_ work.

I had a different problem where 4 copies of binary-i386.raw
all had a different md5sum than what's posted... (ALL 4 had
the _same_ md5sum though....)

Hope that helps...

      _\\|//_
     (` o-o ')
                                      Sean Peterson
                                      swp@telusplanet.net
   .oooO   Oooo.                      Visit the TimeWarp Tavern at-
   (   )   (   )     http://www.telusplanet.net/public/swp/index.htm
     \_)   (_/