multiple CDROM installation

At 10:00 AM 8/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok, so it looks like you're using the right driver. Are you sure the
kernel you're
>trying to boot includes the mcdx support? Are you booting the debian
rescue disk? The
>CDROM-HOWTO says 'mcdx=<io-address>,<irq>' so I don't know why you've got
that long
>string below. If you still have windows on the target machine, why not
find out from
>windows what io address and IRQ are being used?
>
>--
>Jens B. Jorgensen
>jjorgens@bdsinc.com

according to a document I found
http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/PEOPLE/Linus/v1.3/patch-html/patch-pre2.0.1
3/linux_Documentation_cdrom_mcdx.html

~~~~~~~~
+If you are using the driver as a module, you can specify your ports and IRQs
+like
-and so on ("address,IRQ" pairs). When You intend to use more then one
-drive, it's necessary to edit the mcdx.h file found in
-/usr/src/linux/include/linux. Instead of providing the values on the
-command line, You can "hardwire" them all in mcdx.h. The command line
-values take precedence over the values in mcdx.h.
+ # insmod mcdx.o mcdx=0x300,11,0x304,5
~~~~~~~~~~
I am running the new release "official" debian 2.0.

I am booting from the hard disk.

the system is total Linux

the system has 3 Mitsumi cdroms FX001D

and they all worked in DOS before i installed

linux. I couldn't get the system to load off the

cdrom. so I copied the files to the second drive

and installed to the first. then i ran cfdisk and

converted the second drive to Linux.

cdrom 1 address 310 irq 9
cdrom 2 address 360 irq 11
cdrom 3 address 390 irq 10

1 smc eithernet card address 280 irq 15

FTP works, cdrom 1 works, the mouse works on serial port 1.

when the document said You can "hardwire" them all in mcdx.h.

how do you incorporate that change into the kernel?

or does that document not apply to debian 2.0?

Richard Grabbe
Indiana 812-854-4196
E-mail  grabbe_r@crane.navy.mil