Re: HELP with Sound Card

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 11, 1998 at 04:51:04PM +0530, XRDLAB wrote:
> I am currently running Debian bo and wanted to compile sound support.
>
> My sound card is Aztech Galaxy (claims to be compatible
> with SoundBlaster 16, non pnp).

Didn't you read the documentation? There is no SB 16 compatible card on the
market. Either you have an original SB, or you don't and the card ships with
crappy software drivers that try to achieve SB compatibility under DOS and
windows (well, there is an exception for 8 bit cards, so if you have one,
you may have luck).

So, you can't blindly activating options in the driver and hope that it
works.

Read the Sound-HOWTO and the Readmes under /usr/src/linux/driver/sound
carefully, be sure to have full name of your sound card at hand, and then
answer the config options very very carefully, following the various
documentations on another console.

Come back if you still encounter problems, ,but be sure to provide us with