Install Floppy problems

I am having trouble with a floppy install.  The system boots, I initialize
the swap and root partitions. When I come to the point where it is going
to extract the kernel from the rescue floppy, I specify the first floppy
drive (only floppy drive). It then tells me to insert the rescue disk.
Since it is already inserted, I hit return and I get stuck in this loop
where it is not recognizing that I have the recue floppy installed.

I have made four different copies and used two different systems to
produce the copies, all with iodentical results. dinstall does not
recognize the rescue floppy.

I can do a directoy listing of the floppy and see the word rescue in the
type.txt file using the M$ system but if I try to mount the floppy on
Linux and do an ls I get .: No such file or directory.

Could this be because I am creating the disks from NT workstation?

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!