First time Linux user.

    Hi there, this is my first message to this list.
    I have been using computers for close to 5 years now, and have since
expanded my knowledge about computers, yet mainly involving DOS and Windows.
I now work at a computer repair store, and own a personal peer to peer
network at my home for gaming and tinkering purposes.  But, the time has
come and i now have one of my systems with Debian Linux on it.  That
particular system has a very small hard disk on it, so I can't really get it
to get going with any gui.  When I get around to it I will make it so i can
dual boot on this machine, and use Linux for online purposes.  Being that
this is my first entrance to the Linux community, I have some questions
concerning my new alternative OS:

1) Where would be a good site for information regarding Linux, perhaps a
site maintained by the creator of Linux, Linus Torvalds.
2) Where would be a good place to get information regarding the use of
Linux. (As I have yet to find the equivalent to the DOS cd and dir command.)
3) What is considered acceptable mail to this list.