Re: First time Linux user.

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, GamerZ wrote:

> 1) Where would be a good site for information regarding Linux, perhaps a
> site maintained by the creator of Linux, Linus Torvalds.
> 2) Where would be a good place to get information regarding the use of
> Linux. (As I have yet to find the equivalent to the DOS cd and dir command.)
> 3) What is considered acceptable mail to this list.

First two questions: There are many good sources for information about
linux.  Use on of the basic net indexing services like YAHOO to find them.
Look at both linux and unix sites.
The equivalent to DOS cd is cd.  The equivalent to dir is ls

Question three: As far as I can tell any linux and or Debian use issue or
question is acceptable. (Some questions may be more appropriate for one of
the other lists. Developement questions for example)

Since you are a beginner I recommend spending the $10 and buying one of
the cds

Have fun

Tom