Re: LILO Problem

wait the the Lilo prompt, then press shift.  It gives you a few seconds
before it automatically boots your default setting.

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Matthew D. Myers wrote:

> I recently decided to install LILO on my laptop.  According to the HOW-TO
> and liloconfig I should be able to hold shift while booting and get the
> following prompt:
>
> F1234:
>
> but mine has an extra step... when I hold shift while booting I get this
> prompt:
>
> AF1:
>
> If I press A (not lowercase, lowercase locks it up.)  it runs the floppy
> drive.  If I press 1 it boots my default win95 (which is fine.)  If I press
> F (not lowercase, same as above) I get the F1234: menu at which time I can
> press 1 (Win95), or 2(Linux).
>
> I want to skip the first (AF1:) menu and go straight to the F1234: menu when
> I hold shift while booting.  What did I do wrong?
>

> --

| ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1997-98 |
| Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh (Careful it's not completed)   |
| "The past brings pain, the future depression,                           |
|  the present disappointment.  The only thing that remains is the moment.|
|  Live for the moment, and enjoy life.  You only have one chance. "      |