LILO Problem

I recently decided to install LILO on my laptop.  According to the HOW-TO
and liloconfig I should be able to hold shift while booting and get the
following prompt:

F1234:

but mine has an extra step... when I hold shift while booting I get this
prompt:

AF1:

If I press A (not lowercase, lowercase locks it up.)  it runs the floppy
drive.  If I press 1 it boots my default win95 (which is fine.)  If I press
F (not lowercase, same as above) I get the F1234: menu at which time I can
press 1 (Win95), or 2(Linux).

I want to skip the first (AF1:) menu and go straight to the F1234: menu when
I hold shift while booting.  What did I do wrong?