Can only play mp3 files as root.

Hi,

A while back before I reinstalled hamm I had X11amp working perfectly
but having since installed it again I'm having a weird problem. When I
run X11Amp as root everything is perfect but when running it as a normal
user it appears on screen but the volume is always set to zero and it
never remembers my settings if I change the volume value and it also
won't open and play any file period, even if I put it in my home
directory and set the permissions right. I added myself to group audio
but that didn't change anything so I don't know what is up, why I can't
do anything with it unless I'm root. I tried reinstalling it several
times changing that "run X11amp as root option" and that didn't change
anything either.

Thanks for any help,
Chris