Re: DVD support for linux

> PCI supported, or AWE 64 ISA?  Also is there really a big difference between
> 66Mhz bus and 100Mhz bus.  I heard that it is just for the memory?  Also AGP
> info on that?

*just* for the memory? Do you know how much time a modern processor is
waiting on data from main memory? This is called the 'memory wall' among
other names. 100MHz vs. 66MHz makes a difference....

Maarten

ps. if you want to read about this, there lots of papers on it. I even
have some here. Mail me if youwant the titles.

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |